Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a savings account for my son. It's maybe $200.00 in it. Can my son's dad use this against me with child support?

He's very sneaky. Can he use this against me? That I have assets...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • No.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • LOL $200? No, thats not gonna help his case a bit.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • No.

    Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • No

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Nope. Especially if you set it up as an UTMA account that you cannot access yourself.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • $200 is not much of an asset.

    Answer by DaphneMae at 4:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Put the account in your son's name.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Help Maternity Leave-

Next question overall (Health)
How to count calories?