How do I care for my newly acquired rose bushes?

I have about five or six rosebushes in my yard and a black thumb on my hand. They're so pretty and each have a few roses. All I want is to keep them alive and well maintained. They live outdoors (obviously) under the constant AZ sunlight. They also have little sprinklers that we have set to go off nightly.
What do I need to do with them, please?

jellyphish

Asked by jellyphish at 12:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Plant them and then clip them way back. They have to be pruned. That is what we did. You might call a local nursery and ask them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I live in Canada so I have to prune them right back every autumn.  In the summer all I do is keep them watered and prune the dead blooms off to keep them flowering.  If you don't prune the dead blooms, they will turn to seed and once the rose bush turns to seed it will stop flowering.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010