Daughter and BF Caught By the Police

Saturday night I got a call from my 15 yr old daughter that her and her 16 yr old bf were both at the police station after having been caught in the backseat of his car parked on the back road leading to our football field. The police only gave them a warning but did make them call both parents. Now I'm not naive and my daughter has been on bc for a while now but it's one of those things I have put my head in the sand about . The bf's mom called me this morning and suggested maybe it would be better if they were allowed their privacy at her house instead of having them risk getting caught again. Her point was that we aren't going to stop them. I told her I wanted to think about it. They've dated 11 monts now so its not a new relationship. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• aw HELL NO am I condoning a 15 year old having sex with permission
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would not encourage them like that. Tell them even though you know what is going on that you disapprove (if you do) and if you get caught or arrested, they are her consequences. That public indecency is going on her record and that you are not going to jump through loops if it is more than just a warning next time.

That's just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• Sure go ahead But be ready to be grandma or have to take care of any one of a number diseases. Just because she's on BC does not mean she"s completely protected from anything.
    Anonymous

• have you picked out names for the grand kiddies yet?
    Anonymous

• Should we say congrats for becoming a grama now or just wait 6 months?Seriously doesn't any of this sound wrong to you? I have 3 girls the oldest is 17, your kids should be involved in after school activities that don't include sex at this age! Maybee you & your daughter should go for counciling together(not bashing) I'm saying this because you asked , the commnication you should have with your daughter some where down the line got seriously distorted.Doesn't she want to finish school? Don't you want her to?The only kids who are having sex at that age are the ones who parents stopped being parents when they gave up.These are your kids so get back in the game and take the stand they are expecting you to take as a mom!
    Anonymous

• 11 months is a new relationship!!! lol i think that comment is silly.but if she breaks up with this boyfriend or he breaks up with her she will most likely have sex with any other future boyfriends..and who knows what could happen(std's,pregnancy with someone who doesnt really care for her)..i would not encourage it. of course you cant stop teens from having sex..thats goes without saying..however giving them there own space to do it in telling them its okay go ahead and do it in your room..is not the way to go.
    Anonymous

• . I wouldn't allow it. And you already know the other mom will so I would call the police and find out if you can do anything about the other mom contributing to the delinquency of a minor. 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• hell no way!!! if they are getting that serious maybe they best take a breather for now or quit seeing each other all together or she'll end up pregnant all it takes is one missed pill...sometimes bc fails that happened to me twice now. I wouldn't allow her to see him for awhile.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I could never condone a sexual relationship with a teenager. She's on birth control...she already knows you know this. She likely believes that by allowing the birth control you are saying I know you're having sex just be careful. I think it is the wrong message. She would not be on birth control if she were mine. She would not be seeing that young man either. It is clear they can't make responsible decisions together. She would be on home and school restriction for a very long time. Trust is a terrible thing to lose and a difficult thing to rebuild. It is hard for you to make that arguement though. You gave her permission when you gave her the BC. Before anyone asks, yes I have grown children. YES, one was caught in a similiar situation sans the birth control. He was not allowed to see her until they were both 18.
    Anonymous

• Hello in denial mothers, they are already having sex, you can't stop it!

I would call the police and find out if you can do anything about the other mom contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

This is funny! You know this mother has the PERFECT child that does nothing wrong. LOL
    Anonymous