What is good to drink besides water while pregnant?

-future.mommy

Asked by -future.mommy at 12:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can have juice but it does add a lot of calories to your diet
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• crystal light! it doesnt taste like water, but is good for you. I like to mix one lemonade and one cherry pomegranete. very tasty and tart!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• 100% juice is good, tea (but be very careful as some kinds of herbal teas can harm the baby. Ask your midwife/doctor which kinds are best in pregnancy), and even sparkling water is ok :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Ask your dr before you drink crystal light, it has artificial sweeteners in it and my dr said absolutely no artificial sweeteners. Other than water, I drank 100% juice, black tea, and natural flavored waters (put cucumber slices, lime/lemon slices, or frozen melon cubes in your ice water), and lemonade. I loved lemonade when pregnant with my DD in the heat of the summer.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I LOVE lemonade! Especially the Simply lemonade brand.
    But anything else, I haven't really limited myself on except pop.
    ohsmush

Answer by ohsmush at 1:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Iced tea (just not green tea), Hot tea (althought there are certain ones to avoid), 1% MILK, juice, cool-aid, lemonade.....
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 1:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I drink Kool aid and Crystal light, but most the time I just want water. Ive never been able to drink juice with either baby because it gave me really bad belly aches.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Watch the tea - a lot of it has caffeine in it, whether it's iced or hot. Caffeine can cause miscarriage in the first tri.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 1:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Water is the best thing to drink. Kool-Aid, and especially Crystal light are not good. Kool-Aid has a ton of sugar (or artificial sweetener), and Crystal light is full of dyes and artificial sweeteners.

If you need something else, try white or green teas, as they are caffeine-free or very low caffeine, and sweeten it with a bit of sugar, agave nectar or honey.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• G2
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 2:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010