At what age would you consider "co-sleeping" with your child to be too old?

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• IDK My kid[s] are always welcome to crawl in bed with me. Even when they are teens, if the wanna lay in mom's bed and watch a movie and fall asleep, we can do that!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 5:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• any age co-sleeping is dangerous!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Whatever works best for you. Some Like us co sleep for quite awhile. There are nights when everybody is in our bed. These days we only have 3 in the house.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i never did it except on occasion like when he wakes up in the middle of the night. But that is because 1 my aunt did it and my cousin slept with her until they were 13 and 6 when she got married her husband put an end to it. and my mother still sleeps with my brother and he is 8 turning 9 in may
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• We went to my mom's house this weekend. The only place to sleep was in the bunk beds. I was on the bottom one....my 14y/o son was too lazy to climb so he got into bed with me. LOL So, I don't know what age would be too old. He doesn't "HAVE" to sleep with me, he just did it. He actually did until age 5 though...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It's not dangerous. My daughter sleeps with me, she's 9 years old. It's not like I've NOT WANTED her to have her own bed, but because of space, it's kind of a necessity. Otherwise, I would have given her her own room long time ago. I guess it depends on how you look at it.
    Serenity_41

Answer by Serenity_41 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my son still has occasional nights when hes sick in bed with us and hes 4...and my daughtwer whos 3 mnths co sleeps..to each its own...ive found it to be amazing....its up to each individual..
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• any age co-sleeping is dangerous!!!!!

that's untrue, moronic and ridiculous.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• LOL!! My DS comes into our bed every night and he is 5??? I just don't think it is a big deal,, My BFF's husband is adamant that their child never sleeps with them under any cicumstance,,,,I think if it makes the feel safe so what?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• http://www.healthychild.com/co-sleeping/does-co-sleeping-lead-to-sids/ This for the first poster Autodidact this is one of the few times I agree with you

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010