At what age would you consider "co-sleeping" with your child to be too old?

Asked by Starfire73 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• IDK My kid[s] are always welcome to crawl in bed with me. Even when they are teens, if the wanna lay in mom's bed and watch a movie and fall asleep, we can do that!

Answer by BaisMom at 5:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• any age co-sleeping is dangerous!!!!!

• Whatever works best for you. Some Like us co sleep for quite awhile. There are nights when everybody is in our bed. These days we only have 3 in the house.

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i never did it except on occasion like when he wakes up in the middle of the night. But that is because 1 my aunt did it and my cousin slept with her until they were 13 and 6 when she got married her husband put an end to it. and my mother still sleeps with my brother and he is 8 turning 9 in may

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• We went to my mom's house this weekend. The only place to sleep was in the bunk beds. I was on the bottom 14y/o son was too lazy to climb so he got into bed with me. LOL So, I don't know what age would be too old. He doesn't "HAVE" to sleep with me, he just did it. He actually did until age 5 though...

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It's not dangerous. My daughter sleeps with me, she's 9 years old. It's not like I've NOT WANTED her to have her own bed, but because of space, it's kind of a necessity. Otherwise, I would have given her her own room long time ago. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Answer by Serenity_41 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my son still has occasional nights when hes sick in bed with us and hes 4...and my daughtwer whos 3 mnths co each its own...ive found it to be amazing....its up to each individual..

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• any age co-sleeping is dangerous!!!!!

that's untrue, moronic and ridiculous.

Answer by autodidact at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• LOL!! My DS comes into our bed every night and he is 5??? I just don't think it is a big deal,, My BFF's husband is adamant that their child never sleeps with them under any cicumstance,,,,I think if it makes the feel safe so what?

Answer by kimigogo at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• This for the first poster Autodidact this is one of the few times I agree with you

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010