Is it too late to donate Easter stuff?

We ended up with way more Easter stuff than we could use this year, so I put together a basket to give away on Freecycle. The lady who was supposed to pick it up Saturday had a family issue and was supposed to pick it up yesterday, but she never showed, so now I have a full Easter basket and eggs for an egg hunt. Do you think the YWCA or Salvation Army would accept it? The eggs are filled with all sorts of things, including wrapped candy, but if they took that out someone could use it next year. I'm mostly just bummed because I was hoping to help another family who might not be able to do something for Easter this year and instead the basket sat out on our porch all day yesterday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• Assuming that there was not candy that could melt, I'm sure that any organization such as those you mentioned would be happy to have it.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2010