Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you agree with this?

so my SIL and BIL lives with MIL and FIL. so its a 30 year old and a 27 year old living with mommy and daddy still. i have ongoing problems with my SIL who is constantly giving my 4 kids low self esteem and even doing the favoring thing with my oldest.
she's always trying to start drama and even telling my kids to shut up and whatnot. now im thinking you wouldnt want your kids to be around this kind of person.
so my hubby and i agree that if you try talking to her, its like talking to wall because she just doesnt get it. so i finally come to a conclusion with this...

its time for a harrasement order or some type of the same thing. she will be forced to move out of MIL's house and learn to live on her own for the first time because she cant live 100 feet from us and we will only be 75 feet away. ive come up with this. you sometimes have to sacrifice and make choices in order to make your kids happy.


Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • Well if they don't care and are just too spineless to kick her out - then fine go ahead; lol -- but I think you guys are making the right choice to talk to them and get their feelings on it first before doing something you can't take back!

    Good Luck - and feel free to use the leftover for losers line anytime you like; rofl

    Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • so my question is...wouldnt you want to make your kids happy?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Wow, seriously? You think that SHE is starting drama? I would just stop talking to them, all of them, and when they ask why, tell them. You shouldn't punish MIL or FIL for the SIL's actions.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Why don't you just stop letting your kids go over their? That is what I would do. I would tell Grandma and grandpa to come over to your house, without BIL,SIL.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • I think that it would be an extremely bitchy thing to do to make her homeless. It's not your problem or your concern that she lives at home. That is your inlaws choice, plain and simple. If you don't like how she treats your kids, don't let her around your kids. Tell MIL and FIL that you won't be coming over as long as she lives there. Plus, (and I'm sure it's not the entire story) from what you said here, you don't have grounds for a harrassment case.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • I don't really understand what going on or why you have to take legal action to keep someone away from your children? This sounds really harsh considering the circumstances. The fact that they live with his parents is none of your business and it's not your place to take legal action because what you think they're doing is wrong. All you've said is she gives your children self issues but in the next breath favors your oldest. None of this makes any sense and I think you should just worry about your own family and keep your children away from her if you think that's what's best.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • so seriously?? you would keep your kids in your house and not let them play only 75 feet away from them..OP

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • so why not just stop her from being around your children?!

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Forcing her out of your inlaws house is extreme. If she's still living there, your MIL and FIL are okay with it and will probably be upset by this action as well. I would talk to your kids about any self esteem issues they are having. What a great opportunity to teach them about how you should consider the source when somebody is putting you down. Teach your children about her projecting her own insecurities on them. Be truthful with your inlaws w/o being mean or attacking when you explain that SIL's behavior is unacceptable.

    Answer by brookebella at 2:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • I dont think a harrasment order is the way to go. If the MiL wants to kick her out then they can. Tell her that you are taking a break and if grandparents want to visit then they can. If you children go outside to play then sit out there with them or leave a window open so you cna see if she comes out. Tell her you aren't ok with the way she talks to your kids and she snt allowed around them until she decides to make changes. If all else fails you should move but a harrasement order will just stir the pot.

    Answer by ria7 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010