pregnant while hubby is deployed

so hubbs and I and trying to figure out when is the best time to get pregnant. He is set to go to BCT soon and when he gets back and we get to his 1st station we want to TTC, but we are afraid if he gets deployed too soon after BCT he would miss the birth and the 1st few months of babys life... We sooo dont want that to happen!! any mommas going thro that? Or will we know when he will get deployed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wait tell he gets to his first duty station. Then he will find out if and when he will be deployed. Then you can deside when to TTC. JMO My DH just retire 20 in the army.

Answer by louise2 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I was pregnant the whole time my husband was deployed and he got back about a month before the baby was born. I loved that pregnancy in comparison to this one while he's here. It's so much easier to be sick and stay away from food or other smells that make you feel crappy when you're all alone. I thought it sucked at the time and i wanted to someone to take care of me but in reality all i needed was someone to bring me something to eat every couple of days. They're more trouble than they're worth when they're home and being a sick grumpy pregnant lady isn't fun. If you can time it perfectly so get pregnant right before he leaves and the baby is born right when he gets home i would highly recommend it.
    Anonymous

• You have no idea when he will be deployed. When DH went to BCT I was already pregnant and he got done with BCT and AIT just in time for the birth. When DH got out of AIT he knew he could have been deployed sometime within the first 2 weeks of being at his new duty station to 10 mos later.... he actually got deployed 8 mos later and even the day he was supposed to deploy they said "not tonight!" so we got them for an extra night. You get ideas of when and who might be deploying at what times but everything changes constantly.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I was pregnant while DH was deployed. He got home 12 hours after DD was born. From the time we got married (he was already in the Navy) we decided that the military wasn't going to dictate our family/children plan. If we waited until we KNEW he wasn't going to deploy, we'd never have children! You just never know when their company will get orders and they'll up and be gone for 6+ months. I say get pregnant when it feels right. If he misses the birth or even the first few months, it's really such a short time in the child's life, and Skype is AWESOME for keeping in touch. It sucks, but it's the life of a military wife :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 4:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2010