Anyone worked for Artisan?

Has anyone made jewelry for Artisan Corp.? They seem legit. However, they sent back one of my samples broken. The earring was torn apart. I've done beading & jewelry making for years and sold at craft shows. I was just wanting to not have to sell it myself.

motherofhope98

Asked by motherofhope98 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I haven't because I've seen MANY ladies complain about them.....What usualy happens is you pay money to buy a kit to make the earrings.....you make them according to directions and send then in, they in turn send ALL of them back saying they are made incorrectly and to try again...and this cycle repeats itself. They make money only on selling these kits, not from selling the jewelry. Even if you google artisancorp scam you'll find several sites with lists of work at home opportunities and under their "assembly" section with artisacncorp it says "Known Scam" and several others say Bad BBB report.

Think about it. They claim to pay $7.50+ per pair of seed bead earrings you make. As a company simple econmics would mean that this company would need to sell the earrings at $15 to break even and $22.50 to make a $7.50 profit on each pair. Who in their right mind would pay $15-$22.50 for an ugly pair of seed bead earrings????
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have not, sorry. I would go to www.wahm.com/forum and look and see if they have a folder there to ask questions. I am with Ameriplan and I know we have our own folder. If they do not have a folder, there is a spot where you can ask questions :-)

Good Luck!!

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 6:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• ...CONT. Reality is earrings like that are only worth maybe $2-$5, heck you can find similiar earrings in the dollar stores., made in China where the female chinese worker is paid 6 cents an hour (same as Mardi Gras beads....I watched a documentary on it recently, these kids make hundreds a day for pennies)! We as americans putting our time and effort into jewelry or whatever craft can't compete with that....Artisan Corp will not pay you a cent.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010