What type of excersice can I do to get rid of my fat that is just above my butt?

I look like I swallowed a whole dougnut but my belly really doesn't bother me, yeah I need to lose it and am losing very slowly, but the thing is the part that is right above my butt it is part of my doughnut lol, that will not go down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• not to be mean, but its prolly just fat so you have to burn it off with cardio
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Forget the exercise, you need to stress the eating. If you eat healthy, that will eventually burn away. Serious.
    Anonymous

• It's all fat. R U just laying around eating, maybe you should get out and do something. People needs to quit whining about being FAT and do something about it.
    Anonymous

• Wow anon at 3, rude much?--I'm sure she found your advice very helpful (rolls eyes)

OP---Cardio and weight lifting will be your best bet on top of a healthy diet. The more muscle you build, the more fat that your body will burn. I suggest trying a Jillian Michaels workout or Hip Hop Abs. You can use Sparkpeople.com to keep a daily food journal and to keep track of your exercise program. Good luck!

Oh and drink lots of water!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• First off Anon 12:00 she isn't whining about being fat, but simply asking a question, so quit whining about things that arn't even happening before you open your fat mouth. And to OP- my guess would be cardio. I have the same issue! I'll let oyu know when something works :)
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 7:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• that can be a hard area for many! I have become very toned in that area just these past few months from hula hooping! it's a wonderful cardio exercise if you do it right! i hula hoop to music with a beat and when learning tricks and dancing (which is like belly dancing but you have a hoop), you really get a work out! I've lost about 5 lbs these past two months. I also cut out junk food ( for the most part lol), and drink a lot of water! you should look into pilates! a lot of the routines focus on the abs
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• a combination of cardio and strength for that area will do great. back extensions are a favorite of mine. they tone and give definition.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 2:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010