Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take visitation rights away??

Men Left Kids During 2-Day Binge
JACKSON, Mich. -- Two Hillsdale County men who left two hungry children in a vehicle during a two-day drinking and partying binge face child abandonment charges.
When deputies arrived, they found the 4- and 6-year-old children were found locked inside a vehicle in the parking lot. The children told deputies they had not eaten in two days while their father and uncle drove around drinking and partying.
Jackson County Lt. Brad Piros said the children have been returned their mother.
"This was actually part of his visitation. He actually had the children for the weekend," said Piro.

I say take his visitation rights away! Seriously if I was these kid's mom no way would I allow this man to come pick up my kids EVER again!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (13)
  • If he gets charged, he won't have visitation rights anyway because he'll be in prison. Where he should be for that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • I agree with annon

    Answer by my2kids312 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Could you imagine being the Mom? having to hand your kids over to this guy by order of the court?

    Answer by Christina2135 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • This mom should immediately go to court with the police report. Ah heck see if the arresting officer will come down in person to support her attempt to completely remove this a$$ from those kids' lives.

    Answer by FuzNet at 3:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • The kids need to be protected from him, if he eventually goes back to court t o get visitation it should be SUPERVISED..although I dont see him doing that...seems he didnt want them in the first place


    Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • I wouldn't even allow supervised visits. Terminate his rights completely. These kids could have died.

    Answer by BlooBird at 3:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • oh my....under these circumstances.. take away visitation rights. He abused them, then lose them.

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • Take away visitation and throw his worthless ass in jail along with the dirtbag uncle.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • They shouldn't get any visits. That is abuse and anyone who could leave their children in a car for days is not fit to parent or be around.

    Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

  • I have to wonder if the kids are safe with the mom. It doesn't suggest much for her character to have had children with a man like that.

    Answer by Carpy at 5:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.