Do you mommies think you could...

Take 10 hours a week and study some online courses with a newborn? I am going to take some classes online this summer and I am nervous about it because the baby will be here and I will still have a few weeks left... It has been 3 years since I have had a newborn so I don't remember alot of the sleeplessness, but could you handle 10 hours a week? How old is your baby?
P.S. I am due July 22, but I will have to have a c section around the 10th or so. And my classes wont end until then end of July. Thanks! Oh and I also have a 3 year old.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am a full time student at uh and i have been going to school since she was 2weeks old...its hard at first but once you get in the rythm its alot easier...good luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It is very much possible. I have not been in the situation myself. It will take a lot of discipline!
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I've got a 3 year old and I'm due at the beginning of September. I'm already registered as a full time student for summer and fall. Most of my classes for both terms are going to be online. It's way easier. No hassles of having to leave the baby. You can take breaks whenever you need. You can still "attend" your classes if you're feeding the baby...
    Anonymous

• PP: That is one of the nice things about taking them online but I do not want to over load myself and want to throw my hands up eventually and say "forget it" I am just nervous about it because I do not have the most understanding husband and he will expect everything to be the way he is used to it. He isn't a control freak by no means or I wouldn't be with him but he doesn't do too well with new changes is all. I am just nervous but super excited about it. I can't take the harder classes online, harder for me is Math.. ugh. I hate it and would most definitely need to be in a classroom where I could fully focus on my schoolwork and not be distracted by my kids.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• nakoal, then do what I do. Take most classes (however many you want to take) online, and one on campus. Summer term, I'm doing my math, some sociology and an ethics course online, while taking Spanish on campus. Fall I'm doing my biology on campus and everything else online.

If you only want to be a part time student, and think that's what you'll have time for, do it that way. I'm going full time. Part time, you can still do most everything you need, you'll just have a few less hours during the week. Just make yourself a good routine (for everything but the baby, of course- I mean your school work, classes, housework, etc) and stick to it so that it becomes habit. As soon as you form the habit, life will become easier for you. I mean seriously schedule your time.
    Anonymous

• I did.

depends on how needy your baby is, and how well you can keep on a routine.

I also ran 2 businesses from home.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2010