please tell me im crazy...

So my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since december of 2007 and it just wasn't happening, so finally in october of 2009, we got a positive test and were ecstatic and told everyone we know but then had miscarried by the end of november and decided not to try for awhile as that was our first and hopefully only miscarriage and was completely devastating. And then in january we got another positive test and were happy but very scared. And here it is april and I am now 13 weeks and haven't had any problems at all like before but I am terrified that at my next appt (the 15th) they're going to find there's no longer a heartbeat, I keep having dreams and almost anxiety attacks about this... Is this normal after a miscarriage or am I crazy person? Or could this realy be happening?

lesliematozo

Asked by lesliematozo at 3:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal fears, but do try to relax and calm down. Most miscarriages happen during the first trimester, and you're almost done with it. Stressing yourself out will make it harder on your body, so just relax. If you haven't had any problems yet, you're probably going to be fine, but you do need to relax.
    Anonymous

• Relax. There is nothing you can do at this point. My guess is that you are incredibly nervous and anxious and that those dreams are your suibconcious' way of dealing eith your fears. It has nothing to do with the health of your baby. Only 10 days and you will know for sure!! Just breathe, relax, and keep that appt date as your goal :)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Maybe call the Dr and ask for a quick check explain whats going on. He would want you to relax and should try to comfort you by allowing you hear the babys heartbeat. most of the nurses can check w/o having to see the dr so it shouldnt be too much to ask.
    Anonymous

• If it would ease your mind buy a doppler so you can hear what's going on in there. Then when you find a heartbeat you ease your mind.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• After having a miscarriage i waited until i was 20+ weeks along before telling anyone that wasn't really close to me. I just didn't want to go through telling everyone there was no more baby again. I figured at 25 week the baby was viable so after all my tests came back normal we started telling everyone. It's when you feel comfortable, I know how scary it is when you feel like anything could happen.
    Anonymous

• I was going to call you crazy, because you asked nicely, said please and everything. However, you sound very normal to me. Try not to worry. This could really be happening, as you said.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Even without a prior miscarriage, vivid dreams that have things going wrong with the pregnancy and delivery are very normal.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Normal, I felt that way even without a prior miscarriage.
    Good luck & I hope you give birth to a healthy, beautiful baby!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2010