Is anyone else tired of the use of the term "hater"?

Why do people want to call others haters? It seems like middle school language to me. It is used as loosely as the term racist and is a meaningless term. Just because someone states the truth or an opinion on something that is different than yours does not make the a hater. Grow up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Doesn't bother me much. But whining does.
    Anonymous

• Yes I hate that term. I also hate the term "uber"
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yes, I'm tired of it. I'm also tired of the degree of rhetoric that's led to it. I'd like to see civility returned to civil discussion...it's amazing how convincing one can be when not shouting or insulting others.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my favorite is "you are judging me" oh my! so anytime someone disagrees with you,they are judging you? judging means you condemm someone and therefore they have to pay for their actions.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yes, I hate it. It makes people who use the word sound really uneducated. If they're older than 10 they should have a broader vocabulary.
    Anonymous

• Oh, we can also add... "It's my private life, it's my business" Then don't post it on the internet!
    Anonymous

• It was played out in the early 90s. I'm old and used it as slang when I was in my early 20s. "Don't hate the player, hate the game. Don't be a hater." I find it stupid, I can hate whoever I like! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• That may be the original use of the term but it is used to describe other things about people...usually not race. So I would have to say either the people you hang around are "old school" or they are just are not up on new terminology!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Brickhouse, it is on here. Cafemom is the only place encounter such immature people. I see it about five times a day and yes its old.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It's also a term to imply that the other person is just jealous of what you have, so their a hater. Like the old saying "don't hate me cause I'm beautiful"

Anonymous