Has anyone ever planned a c-section at 36-38 weeks of pregnancy?

How did it go? Was everything alright? Was the baby okay?
Curious because I may be in this situation soon.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, mine was planned at 38 weeks. He was transverse and hadn't moved out of that position in the last few months. I guess he liked it like that. I was having some contractions and we didn't want to be in an "emergency c-section" situation. The operation was easy-breezy and the recovery was way easier than with my previous vag delivery. My son is totally fine. I was only in the hospital for 2 nights, not the 4 from my previous delivery. Don't worry about it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• mine wasnt planned and i had mine at 37 weeks. my baby is totally fine. they tried to induce me but it didnt work out so i had a c-section.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have only had vag. deliveries but the dr. recommends that I do a c-section this time. I am freaked out too, but everyone that I talk to says its the only way to go. My last baby was 10 pounds and he was stuck, so it maybe safer for him and reduce my risk of hemorrage (sp?). I remember the end of my last pregnancy, and I remember just wanting the baby out, so I am assuming that I will be emotionally ready for the c-section by then. By that time...i'll probably be willing to have the doc take it out my ear if needed :) I'm sure you and your baby will be great! God bless...
    Anonymous