4 yr old parenting time schedule

What are good parenting time schedules for 4 yr olds? I wanted to wait on double overnight with her dad until my daughter was at least 5 and school aged. Father doesn't agree, is it so ridiculous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why don't you want her to stay over at her dads?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I also don't understand why? By double overnight, do you mean staying two nights? At age four that shouldn't be a problem...and it's probably better to get her accustomed to that BEFORE starting school. One big change at a time, you know? School is going to be a BIG change.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have a 4 year old, he is perfectly capable of spending 2 nights away from me. 4 year olds don't need a "schedule" like a baby does in terms of naps and feeding
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I hear that they can reasonabley handle a night per year of age.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I agree with you, but don't get him too mad about it. If it goes to court, they will give him much more time than that. You might want to agree to 2 nights, so he doesn't fight for 2 weeks to 1 month in the summer, which he very well could and would probably get.
    Anonymous