Anyone live with the in-laws? If so, what boundaries do you think are important? not important?

Moving in with them at the end of month. Nervous...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• It's their home, It will be up to them to set boundries. If your living there you are just stuck with them.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• im sorry

Anonymous

• GIRL LISTEN TO ME! I HAVE LIVED WITH MINES. IMA GIVE YOU SOME TIPS..
    1)) always ..always clean after you the kids and hubby!!!!!!!
    2)) try no to fight in the house where they can here you!!!!!
    3)) make sure the kids are always clean, they ate and took a bath..
    4)) always try to help her out!!!!!
    5)) have quite sexx lol...
    6)) try to somtimes cook dinner too.dont let her always do everything..
    7)) make sure the kid/s are always undercontrol..
    8))when you have some x-tra cash ask them if they need anything a buy it!!
    9)) always be nice and thankfull
    10)) FIND A HOME QIUCK AND MOVE ON OUT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My mother in-law was nice at first then she was a bitch.. move out at soon as you cann. in-laws could always get on your badd side and fastttt... GOOD LUCK I HOPE THEIR NOTHING LIKE MINE..LOL.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Good Luck!
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• *if you have kids...you need to make sure they know to listen to you and you only. the inlaws might think they can get away with parenting themselves.

*even though you prolly wont think you will use thier stuff...most likely you will somehow someway. like toilet paper, paper plates, borrowing food and whatnot, make sure you invest in helping them out as well with the small things like toilet paper.

*make a time for each day to help out by doing dishes or whatever else you contribute to the messy housework.

*if your paranoid and have sex toys and whatnot, make sure you have a lock on your room lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. I feel for you, I rather live under a bridge than with mine =(
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It is their house. What they say goes. Even them telling your kids what to do.( As in disciplining). It is their house, their rules.  JMO

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If you do not want them all in your business. do not move in with them.

Answer by louise2 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• DON'T DO IT!!!!! We moved into my inlaws house for 19 months...that was the worst 19 months of my life! Even if you all get along now it changes living with each other. Now my husband and I are having marital problems (more then likely we will get divorce...my decision) and my oldest child is suffering from emotional damage. I know it does not happen to everyone but I can honestly say that inlaws help ruin our marriage (they probably happy about it anyway since I am too tan for them).
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I swear this Louis chick is crazy. Your opinions are so off the wall. Not a chane in hell they have the say in what happens with your children. Your the parent and you need to make sure that is established before you move in. That is the biggest problem I have
    Anonymous