Why do people publicly post pictures of their dead babies?

It's one thing to have a photo for private or family viewing, but to post it online? Creepy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have one ultrasound picture up of my first daughter who i lost when she came out too early. she's still my daughter and the fact that she died doesn't make her go away. i still love her, i just have a child in heaven so i think it's ok to have one ultrasound up of her
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It's their way of grieving. They still love that baby, even if it died.

Personally, I won't look at the pictures, and I don't think I could share them if it was my baby, but that's because of my personality and I'm not the same as anyone else.
    Anonymous

• for some people that is the only picture they have of their baby
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 4:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have lost a child, at her funneral I asked someone to take pictures of her for me...dont know why...but I seen the pictures once and I NEVER want to see them again
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 4:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i just have a child in heaven so i think it's ok to have one ultrasound up of her .

I don't think OP is talking about ultrasounds. There are some people who take pictures of the baby after it dies and post pictures of their baby's corpse. It's a pretty harsh thing to unleash on people who have no warning of it ahead of time - and a good reason to keep signatures turned off.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• see i can't imagine a person taking pictures of a corpse. that is very disturbing
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• How is that disturbing but women with their boobs flopped out breastfeeding their 2 year olds is ok? Death is part of life and it's natural. If we should be made to put a label on angel baby photos then we should be putting a label on breastfeeding photos too.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If the parent wants that, it's one thing. But I think the OP is talking about posting them online. Big difference. And really, breastfeeding doesn't need to be anywhere near this topic.
    Anonymous

• How is that disturbing but women with their boobs flopped out breastfeeding their 2 year olds is ok?

What traumatic memory are you reliving when you see a picture of a boob? There's no difference between posting a picture of a dead baby and posting a picture of a holocaust victim or a car wreck. I'm guessing you wouldn't be as blase about someone including pictures from the Kurdish mass graves in Iraq in their sig pictures.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No difference between a picture of some one's child and pictures of a holocaust victim? Are you serious? I guess we can conclude that you don't have an angel baby based on your ignorance.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010