Birth Control

if I wanted to go on Birth Control but not tell my parents, is their away I could do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Probably with a clinic, like planned parenthood. You'd need an exam first, and that costs money. Also, you would need to be using condoms, too, as birth contol doesn't protect against stds. Having sex isnt' a decision to be made lightly, and if your parents don't want you doing it, I guarantee they have good reasons. :) Just think about it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I agree with the pp, probably a clinic. Just make sure you don't forget to use condoms everytime. An STD is something that if you get once you may have to carry with you your whole life and tell your future husband sorry but you have this disease and he will get it too if you guys have unprotected sex. Babies aren't the only thing that come from sex lol. Think long and hard about this decision you might regret it and there is no way to take back that choice.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• How old are you? If you are on this site, you are already a parent and it shouldn't matter what your parents think. You can go to Planned Parenthood and they will discuss much more than just birth control with you. They will talk about STD's etc. Having sex is a lot more then protection against pregnancy, think about the STD's that can affect you for the rest of your life.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Planned Parenthood is EXCELLENT--that's where I started going for birth control when I didn't want to deal with breaking the news to my parents! You will be examined/questioned to make sure you are a good candidate for birth control before you receive a prescription.

When you pick your birth control, ask for the GENERIC BRAND, as it is much cheaper. Case in point, my pill is ordinarily $30 per pack, but for the generic brand I only pay $9.

Be sure to take the pill at the same time every day. I set a daily alarm on my cell phone as a reminder.

Ask the gyno about using backup protection. They are more than happy to help.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 10:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Condoms: easy to get (without parental interference), fairly inexpensive, and highly effective at preventing pregnancy AND sexually transmitted diseases..... just be sure not to get any oil or oil based anything on them or they will fail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2010