2 yr old son and loves playing with his pravite parts.... is this normal???

my son loves being naked.. if he has cloths on he'll take it off.. his uses the bathroom now (yayyy) so he wear underwear or boxers and he takes them off..
soo everytime hes naked i see playing with his penis.. he pulls it. put his toys next to it.. and what ever he has in his hand he'll put it next to his penis..
is this normal for a two yr old to play with his parts?? and does your kids do it too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't know but my 19 month old loves to play with his every chance he gets lol. my gradmother seen it the other day and asked if my husband walks around with his hands in his pants also, which he doesn't thankfully, but she said she thought that might be where he learned it from she said it was normal though. Coming from a lady who had 7 children and 16 grandchildren (i couldn't even count greatgrands) i believe her
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• yeah that's very normal...in fact babies(male and female) masturbate in the womb, perfectly natural and normal...just tell him that you do that in private
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• yes it's normal and funny how as grown men they still like doing it!
    Anonymous

• Yes, it's normal, and my toddler does the same thing. It's an appendage that he doesn't have access to all the time, and it's fun to play with. You'd probably play with it, too, if you had one, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• This is normal. Any time my 2 year old is naked he does that. Hell even when my 11 month old has his diaper off he does it. It happens from the second they notice something is down there and it doesn't seem to stop.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• totally normal. its a combo of self exploration and actually masturbation. but not in the way adults do- no sexual desires/imagry. just that it feels good. but its completely normal and I've read that you should just tell them to do that in private and let it go.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010