Miscarriage? Threatened Miscarriage? idk HELP

I found out i was pregnant, but 2 days after i found out, i went to the bathrooom like nusually and whenever i wiped there was blood on the toilet paper, so i went to the ER (on Friday) and had blood work done, and they confirmed that i am pregnant. so they went ahead and did an ultrasound and they said that I do have an emniotic sac but it looks like there is no room for the fetus, but that it might be early to tell. Ii didnt bleed anymore, until Sunday when i went to the bathroom during the day and wiped there was blood again and it was a dull/bright red color. And now its like a dark brown color whenever i wipe after going to the bathroom. Has this happened to anyone or something similiar to this, if so what ever happened? PLEASE NO RUDE ANSWERS. THANKS

senior2009

Asked by senior2009 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try not to panic. It won't do you or baby any good. If you're spotting around the time you're supposed to get your period, that's nothing to worry about. I can't tell you for sure whether it is or isn't a miscarriage. I hope not, it's a terrible experience. Spotting can start off the process of miscarriage, but if you're not bleeding heavily and cramping, it might just be an irritated cervix or something. Go see the ob/gyn.
    If you do miscarry, you can find support in the miscarriage/pregnancy loss support group on here.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 5:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• My guess is you are miscarrying. But I hope not.
    Anonymous

• When I had my first miscarriage, I was five weeks. THe bleeding was heavy like a period, and if you've ever been pregnant before, I would describe the smell similar to when they broke my water and I knew something was wrong. If the bleeding is light and only produces spotting I wouldn't worry quite as much. Especially if it is not accompanied by cramping.

In the early stages of my current pregnancy I experienced spotting several times after I used the bathroom or had sex and it was usually because of the sensetivity in the uterus or because pooping was hard to do. That happens too When it's hard to poop you bleed and it's usually from you butt or it produces blood from the uterus too.

So unless you are actually experiencing cramping or it's more than just spotting, I wouldn't worry. Still, I would call your doctor even if it is just spotting. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It could be implantation bleeding...try not to panic as stated above and hope for the best.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Im not in any pain what so ever. and there is never blood on my underwear its only on the toilet paper whever ever i wipe.
    senior2009

Answer by senior2009 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i have an amniotic sac, so how could it be implantation bleeding?
    senior2009

Answer by senior2009 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• how far along are you?
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 5:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• The ER doctor said a few weeks but that i could be less.
    senior2009

Answer by senior2009 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yeah, idk what "a few weeks" even means, but here's my story: I had an ultrasound and they said baby was about 4 weeks. There was an itty-bitty start of a sac. They couldn't tell much from it. 3 weeks later, it hadn't developed to where it should've been. I had to wait another 8 days for my final u/s to confirm. Miscarriage followed 6 days later. It was 5weeks 5 days ago. They can't tell you for sure right now. I'm so sorry you have to play the waiting game, and I truly hope it turns out to be nothing. Spotting is not anything conclusive, but should be reported to your ob/gyn. They'll watch you more closely and you'll probably have more appointments.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 5:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i wouldnt worry about it i have had 2 kids and im 25 weeks pregnant with our 3rd and i have bleed on and off for the first 5-6 months with all 3 my ob says some women just have high hormones ...... in my early weeks with all of them the dr thought i was having a miscarriage ..... i know its hard not to stress about it ( i still stress out when i wipe and theres blood ) good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010