i really just need advice i would post pics but u cant see them on here

i have very dry skin and its called Psoriasis

its so bad that on my left leg it hurt me to walk and move it

i can get the doc to get me a what ever its call to see a skin doctor

and its bad i feel like i need to go to the er but i want to know what u moms think

(the reason i want to go to the er is cuz of my left leg)
what should i do?

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Health

• go to the hospital if it hurts to walk that this can be somthing serious..
    go to the er and get it check.. its better if you go know then go when you get even get up!!
    good luck i hope its nothing that serious...=)
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my bff has Psoriasis so bad that she wears long pants and long sleeve shirts all the time. The lotions she uses never work for her. Tanning in tanning beds realy gets rid of it for her but she has to go 2-3 times a week.
    If it hurts to walk I would go to the er
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 5:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• First, understand what psoriasis is - a failure to properly shed off the dead skin layers , a build up of excess skin. It becomes dry and can become so tight it hurts. Have you exfoliated your skin? Is this pain on the surface of the skin or deeper in the muscle/tissue? I'm really very reluctant to advise you without understanding where the pain is located and what kind of pain it is.
    My ex husband's family suffered from psoriasis and one of my sons has it. Many, Many, Many times I went to my ex-SIL's house and exfoliated her back for her because she couldn't reach it well on her own. The manner of exfoliation we used was body oil and sea salt (Avon made a very good product, a sea-salt scrub, but I can't find it anymore). We used lukewarm water and the oil/salt scrub and rinsed in lukewarm water. Then placed a thin layer of neosporin on the entire area, allowed it to air-dry then applied a gentle moisturizer free of alcohol
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 5:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• a lot of people find relief from psoriasis by cutting dairy and or gluten from their diets.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• the pain is on the skin and deeper in the muscles 2
    iv had this since i was 12 and iv never felt this pain
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Tanning in natural sun is best, but if you must go to a salon it's at least better than nothing. Be careful about over-doing it at the salon tho (with all the warnings and what-not). You should also begin using a pair of exfoliating gloves to wash your body with when you shower and add a shower lotion (like the Oil of Olay shower lotion). Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Hydration and absorption of natural vitamins and minerals are very important for you, add as many raw foods to your diet as you can including kale, red cabbage and even dandelion (yep that weed that grows in your yard - but buy it from the organic food store please), fresh fruits and raw juices. Steer clear of bottled vitamins if you can - you can take your weight in vitamin pills and not get half the amount you'd get from eating the raw food rich in the vitamins you're seeking. Good Luck hon.
    And go to the doc ASAP.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Omg go get it checked now!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2010