How to deal with a rude SIL

we have a pretty close family ( we see and talk to each other pretty much everyday) . My younger brother is getting married soon. I really was happy at first because me and her are the same age and she seemed really sweet. Now she is openly ( she says so) she is trying to get him away from the family and wants to move away...even though she has moved in with my mom and dad. She doesnt work and says she wont because she doesnt like routines. The other day she broke a plate ( at my moms) and just left it on the floor. When my brother told her they need to cut back on spending, she started going shopping literally everyday, yesterday we had a big family get together and she completely ignored everyone, besides yelling at my littel cousin. Then earlier they came over to visit and the whole time she was texting and didnt say more than 3 words to us.....I ahve been beyond nice I dont even know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my brother is beyond whipped to ever leave her...so I have to deal with her somehow......
    Anonymous

• wow....I'd say, be just as snide back to her. Tell your brother you won't put up with her rude ways and if he doesn't like it then oh well. It's her problem if she doesn't want to have anything to do with you guys, but it's another thing since she's being outwardly rude to your family. I would ignore both him and her if she was treating my family like that!
    Anonymous

• Pray real hard that your brother opens his eyes. My brother had a gf like that and it was annoying as hell. One day she was giving everyone an attitude and I finally went off on her and told her to stop being such a bitch. She was constantly at the house, eating our food, griping to my mom and just being moody all the time that I finally said, "Listen bitch, if you want to be part of his family you're going to have to stop being such a bitch cause I will not tolerate it." And she calmed down a little after that but then my brother dumped her. YAY! lol Now he's married to someone who has OCD but atleast she's a bit more tolerable.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Oh, tell your brother to run - don't walk - RUN! I have a SIL almost exactly like that. He is in the process of getting a divorce (4 daughters and a lot of hurt feelings later). Trying to deal with her is hard, and extremely frustrating. She treats him terribly and acts like it's his fault. He is really one of the good guys and she sees that as a weakness. I wish he had run when she first showed her true colors.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I have the same prob, except its my husbands sister(S) We didnt even go to their stupid lil family get together because i wasnt able to go cus i worked, so hubby and i went with his friend to a movie and my SIL put a real bitchy comment on myspace about me.... ignore them!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I say if you want to avoid her winning (in the sense that she is trying to pry him away from the family) don't be snide and rude back,It'll just upset your brother and he may go for leavin. I say to just ignore her. Not like she's trying to hard to put herself out there. Just try and keep you brother close, maybe he'll come to hs senses, then he'll need you
    Anonymous

• * OP HERE *

my brother knows everyone thinks she is crazy, but he wont listen
    Anonymous

• Just ignore her. Be as nice as you can but ignore her. DOn't talk to her unless she talks to you first and if she does be kind. Don't ask her out to the movies or shopping or anything. If you happen to run into her be extra sweet. It never hurts to be kind.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Men are notorious for not seeing the true nature of women like this. Just look at all the ladies who have responded saying they have the same kind of woman in their lives. It's sad. I think men are blind because they think with the little head..and it's too dark to see ANYTHING at all down there.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2010