What should your blood sugar number be?

I was told today (32weeks prego) that i get to retake my one hour test cause iv been passing out. So i totally failed it at 157. Now i get to go back tomorrow for the wonderful three hour test. Exciting i know... Not! Im just wondering what your normal number should be between before you eat and after? Not talking about the glucose test. On a normal day to day basis. ? Any clue?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 5:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have gestational diabetes. My "fasting" level in the morning is supposed to be between 80-95, one hour after I eat it's supposed to be down to 140 or below, 2 hours after I eat it's supposed to be 120 or below. I don't test before I eat, but those numbers are also following the prescribed diet plan, which dictates how many carbs I can have.

Answer by missanc at 5:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• For most people, normal range is 70-140. Some people feel crappy around 85 or lower. Some people feel crappy over 125.

You can get a glucose meter at the drug store and test yourself often. They are very easy to use. You'll learn where you feel good and bad and you'll be able to notice which foods and which amounts are making you spike and fall.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010