Abortion or no?... Help.

I have an abortion appointment this Wednesday at 11am. I am having second thoughts. In the beginning and now I want to keep my baby, but after talking to my entire family they "pushed" me towards getting an abortion. I feel as if it really wasn't my decision, it was more my family's. They want me to have a different life than a life of struggles if I were to keep the baby. I am the only one in the family to go straight to a university while my 2 older siblings are still in a community college.

After being pushed into choosing abortion I haven't been really taking care of myself. Will it harm my baby? If I do keep my baby will it bee too late to go back on vitamins and eating really healthy? (Not that I don't eat healthy now.)

Please help me...

jamieto

Asked by jamieto at 5:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's never too late. As long as you haven't been drinking heavily and doing drugs, the embryo should be fine. If you are unsure for any reason then DO NOT keep that appointment. This is your decision, and it isn't impossible to keep going to college while raising a child. There are sacrifices you have to make, and it will cost you, but it is possible.

However, don't cancel your appointment right now. Just wait and if you get to that day and decide that the abortion is your best option, then go. You also do have the option of adoption as well.

Do some soul searching and decide for yourself. Do not let your family dictate what you do. This is your body, and your choice. Do what is right for YOU.
    Anonymous

• Sweetie, this is YOUR baby. YOUR body. Don't let anyone force you to do something you will end up regretting. It is never too late to start taking care of yourself. Appointments can be canceled, but abortions can't be reversed. There is nothing that is impossible. You can finish school and be a mommy. It's difficult, but definitely possible. My heart goes out to you. Go with what your heart is tellling you to do. God bless you and your baby.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• From your post, i'm guessing you are fairly young. It is your body, and your choice. How many weeks along are you? I'm more of a pro-life person, but i relize everyone has a choice. It seems like your heart is telling you not to, I say, listen to your gut, i mean, you could do an open adoption where you see your child if you wanted to, that way, you could still go into college and give your child two parents insteed of one. It's just one option, i'd look into other options.

Just so you know, abortion can hurt you physically, and worst of all, if you are pushed into it, it will hurt you mentaly, you need to make sure that if you do go through with the abortion that is your choice, and your choice alone. Good luck!
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 5:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Sweetheart, i think you answered your own question. It's not too late, those little buggers are pretty resilient at this stage of the game. It can be done, you can finish school with a baby. If this is what you want, then don't let your family push you one way or the other.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• *edit-i'd look into other options as well..meaning see if you can keep your child, there are lots of choices out there for people who choose to keep their baby.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No, its not too late to start taking your prenatal vitamins and eat healthy for the baby. Lots of moms in the beginning of pregnancy even get sick a lot and can't eat for several weeks!
    A decision for abortion is a very personal and hard decision to make. No matter what you decide, you can't change it. It is permanent and either way, it will effect your life one way or another. You can't allow anyone to make that decision for you.Look inside your heart and in your mind and figure out what it is that YOU want to do. Look at your life in the future, how do you see it. What do you see yourself doing? Envision how either choice to that decision will affect you and your life.
    Take some soul searching time. Good Luck to you. I'm sure your family only wants what they think is best for you.But only YOU can make that final decision.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It's never too late to be healthy for your baby. Even if you don't want to keep your baby, there is always adoption. Even familes that are willing to pay for EVERYTHING as long as you promise that baby to them when it's born. What a wonderful thing to give that baby an opportunity at a chance of a loving life with a family that is in need of thier own child, that they may not be able to have???....
    You ultimately need to make any decisions by yourself....because you will have to live with the consequences and emotional reproccution of your choices. (that wasn't a guilt trip...it was reality...you will feel lots of deep emotions).
    What happened to the father of the baby? He has a choice as well...it's his baby too.
    Anonymous

• If you are having second thoughts then don't do it. Thats not something you get over easily. Believe me I saw it in one of my daughters friends. Afterwords all she could say was I watched them cut up my baby and suck it out. She went into a depression and hasn't been right since. It's not to late to see a dr. and stay healthy. When you feel that baby in your tummy you will be so overcome. That first smile is wonderful.
    Please don't kill the life inside you. If you really feel it isn't in your best interests, have the baby and give it up for adoption to someone who can't ever have a child. Don't listen to your family, this is your body and youare teh responsible for the life inside you, not them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Get a lawyer and look into a private adoption. I know of the perfect couple who would love that baby to pieces and I wish it was as easy as giving them your name and closing the arrangement. I'm sure there are hundreds more out there who just want a child so badly. Consider this option over aborting. Give this baby a loving home and listen to what your heart is telling you. You will be left with the decisions effects for the rest of your life, not those pushing you that direction. Good luck.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• NEVER too late. The decision is yours, no one else's. Do what YOU want and be ready to stand alone on any consequences.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010