My friends grandmother used to breast feed the baby on one breast and let a little piglet feed on the other!!

Crazy ,isn't it? lol
Thier family lived in W.Virginia and they had a big farm. The mama pig wouldn't feed the runt of her litter so my friends grandmother (who was a young mother at that time) let the runt nurse from her own breast..even while she was nursing her own baby on the other breast! They talk about it like it was just a normal everyday type of thing to do,lol. Wow, that is amazing. I don't think I would have survived back in those days.
Have you ever heard of someone doing something like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Anon :41, that woman wasn't a freak. I've seen dogs suckle pigs. I've seen a dog suckle a kitten. I've seen cows and horses suckle deer fawns. Just because they're a different species doesn't make it "freak" behavior. Humans drink cow milk. As long as she was keeping her breasts clean, there isn't a problem.

OP, it is definitely not something you hear of every day! But it also saved that piggy for bacon, probably, so she did her part in helping their food source stay up and running.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I think your grandmother was a freak.
    Anonymous

• Um, ew. I'm all for animal rights, but seriously, they make formula for animals too. I know-- I've bottle-fed an orphaned foal before... it sucks, but my god it's better than trying to breastfeed a baby horse :D
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• That's just disturbing lol. I've heard some wierd things about W. VA, but that one takes the cake!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• NO I NEVER HEARD OF IT BUT I WOULDN'T THINK NOTHING OF IT ......THEY HAD TO LET THAT PIG LIVE IF THEY WANTED SOMETHING TO EAT!
    Anonymous

• Gives a whole new meaning to "wet nurse" doesn't it!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Kitty....
    your right....other animals do it...but as a mother breastfeeding her own child and letting another animal bf on her at the same time, or even not at the same time is gross.
    Humans do drink cows milk, but do we suck it from the cow's udder?....uhm...NO!? lol
    Anonymous

• Anon :48, like I said, as long as she kept her breasts clean, what's the problem? How is it gross if it's clean? And people don't drink straight from the udder, no. But we also know that unpasturized milk from cows can contain bacteria that can be harmful, so why would we want to?
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHE'S CRAZY. SHE'S A PIG FOR FEEDING A PIG FROM HER OWN BREAST... EWW
    Anonymous

• OP here: LOL. ew gross was my first reaction too when my friend told me about it. But it was quite a bit of years ago and in a very rural area where I guess things like that would just be normal. They probably didn't even make animal formula to eat back then. It is strange how different some peoples lives can be,isn't it?
    Anonymous