Sleepless.... in Germany

my two year old has been finding every excuse in the book to get up from her bed every single night for the past week..
prior to this she was happy to go to bed... what can I do to make this stop now I need sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's just the age! they all do this!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• What kinds of excuses is she making? Make sure that before bed she gets a small glass of water, and goes potty. After that, you need to just be patient and keep putting her back to bed. The first time she gets out of bed you just say "it's time for sleep, when we sleep, we don't get out of our beds untill it's morning. No excuses." After she keeps getting out of bed, just keep putting her back in and don't say anything, it may take awhile for you and her to sleep again, but it will happen, keep at it!
    Anonymous

• It's a phase. A really annoying phase. Just keep putting her back to bed and be consistent. She'll get past it and it'll be quicker if you're consistent.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• well, here goes tonight.. lets see what she does... Shes making excuses such as I am thirty, potty, need the light on and give the baby kisses(her dolly).... let me go play with the kitty. I wanna watch TV.. anything she can dream up... (she has water and potty before she lays down.. I don't get it..
    Anonymous

• oops* thirsty
    Anonymous