is it wrong

that i am little excited that my son just learned how to climb out of his crib. we have a toddler bed so he will now be switched so he doesn't get hurt obviously, but is this wrong of me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No way is that wrong! My DS just started climbing period, so I'm sure it won't be long before he's climbing out of bed!

It's a milestone, just like any other! Only this time, baby is graduating to his big-boy bed! HOORAY!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 6:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You're excited you little baby is growing up. Why would that be wrong?
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No, take him out and put him in that "big boy bed". I was always excited for the move too. It just meant we were entering another phase of growing up.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Well, today in the video monitor, I saw my daughter trying to stick her leg over the crib rail and now I'm worried. I don't think we're ready for a toddler bed. Frankly, I want to skip that phase and go straight to a daybed...........so......I think I can lower the mattress like 1 more inch, but soon after that we'll have to do something.

As for you...........of course it's not wrong! It just means that not only is he ready, but YOU ARE TOO! I wish I was!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Bridget, you don't have to do the toddler bed. You might just want to get a safety rail, especially if she flops around a lot.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Of course it's not wrong. I was super excited to get rid of that crib and move my DD to a toddler bed. We did it at 18 months even. I love all the BIG GIRL stuff she's done.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Nothing wrong with being excited that your baby is growing up. I just switched my 11 month old to a toddler bed.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• We just got rid of our crib two weeks ago as well. My son climbed out of his bed and I was terrified he'd do it again and get hurt (I think he landed on his butt the first time). We made the move and I am/was excited as well. It means he's becoming a big boy! Each new phase is exciting even if it does bring with it new challenges. I'm also super proud that he's done so well with is toddler bed and that he's the first in the circle of toddlers I know to make the switch (it's not even on anyone else's radar and I know 6 people with babies at or around the same age). Do I think I'm crazy for switching him at 20 months? Heck yeah sometimes I do!! But I'm still proud of him :)

I get how you feel totally!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2010