i'm going to be a grandma for the first time and im planning the baby shower,i really want to make a diaper cake and want it full of things for my stuff for my granddaughter,any idea of what i need to put in it

shakeysgirl95

Asked by shakeysgirl95 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• socks, bibs, hats, nipple cream, baby wash, diaper cream, nail clippers, teether toy
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Some possibilities:
    diapers
    baby washcloths
    baby rattles/toys
    baby socks and scratch mittens
    stuffed toy or small security blanket (the kind that are about a 12 inch by 12 inch square)
    receiving blankets
    things from mom's registry (pacifiers, bottles, onesies, bibs, etc.)
    baby hairbows that close with velcro (perfect for newborn baby hair)
    any kind of baby care items
    gas drops or gripe water
    anything else that catches your eye!

Congrats Grandma!

Anonymous

• thank u so much very helpfull......i cant wait aleady getting the idea in my head,thanks again and god bless
    shakeysgirl95

Answer by shakeysgirl95 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I don't know what brand of diapers you are planning on using, but I have a suggestion.
    I got a diaper cake for my shower, but the diaper were cheap and I stopped using them b/c they sucked. I'm not sure if they didn't want to spend the money, or were just trying to find white diapers for the cake. My suggestion is Target's Up & Up brand diapers. They are blue & green polka dots for their design. I recently suggested them to a friend who made a diaper cake. It was one of the cutest I've seen. The diapers are great quality, they're cute, and they're cheaper than Walmart's Parent's Choice brand. I use them all the time for my son.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 6:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2010