Dating and e-mail

I am dating a great guy I met on a dating site. Really nice, professional, funny, etc. But I am getting annoyed. He NEVER calls me. He e-mails me daily, but never calls. I've been to his place so I know he is not married. And he is almost religious about e-mailing me and telling me about his day.... am I just being too picky? Should I just be happy he is contacting me at all? What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• He has a girlfriend.
    Anonymous

• Try calling HIM.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• He'd be perfect for me. I hate phones! Maybe he does too...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i would tell him that if he is serious about things progressing you need a little bit more verbal time with him, understandably you may not be to a point where you are spending every minute together, maybe make it a point to get him on the phone every other day for now and then let him do the email thing on the off days, he may have resorted to online dating because he is too shy and maybe he has low self confidence try boosting his ego everytime you talk
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 8:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Is he in the IT industry? Does he work long hours in an office? Some people aren't phone talkers.

But if it's early in the relationship and he's pestering you, keep dating around. If you're looking for a forever man, get one who is perfect.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Some people just hate phones. I hate phones. It could just be a little quirk of his, but not necessarily bad.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Either he is seeing other people (not sure if you're exclusive, so if not, not a big deal) or if he's just so busy since you said he's a professional. Honestly, I'm way more into email and texting as well and that's probably because I'm a professional and on a computer all day! Just ask him about it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Maybe he feels he can express himself better by email than by phone. I HATE talking on the phone myself, unless it's to someone I've known forever. Think about it this way-- if he emails, he can read and re-read what he's written, and make it perfect before sending it. Could just be that is more comforting for him-- he's still trying to impress you.
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 2:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010