how much came off right away for you?

I am 29 weeks pregnant as of today, and have gained only 16lbs so far. For those of you who have had children, how much weight did you drop within a week of delivery?

jaxsonsmomtracy

Asked by jaxsonsmomtracy at 6:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was back in my normal clothes and normal weight by about 10 days PP. I honestly think if you don't overeat and just gain what you NEED to gain to sustain a pregnancy (meaning baby, fluid, placenta, 300 extra calories per day, etc..) you really shouldn't have tons of extra weight hanging around. It does take time to FIRM UP though.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I dropped all but about 5 lbs as soon as I gave birth to my first. Of course, I never lost the rest because of a thyroid problem.... Right now, I'm about 19 weeks and I've gained maybe 7 lbs. This is about the same as my first pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I don't remember with my first 3, although I was back in prepregnancy clothes fairly soon (I was in my 20s at the time). I had my 4th at 36 and was back below my prepregnancy weight within 2-3 weeks, but my body took about a month or so before I was in all of my prepregnancy clothes, comfortably anyway - I had a csection with my 4th, and I think my age made a big difference.

Answer by missanc at 6:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• almost all of it by a week, but i was breastfeeding exclusively
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• withi a wekk about 15 lbs.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 6:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i can't type. lol. i MEANT to say. Within a week, about 15 lbs.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 6:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• ALL of it within the first six weeks.

BUT...it all came BACK within the next few months. Pounds lost fast have a nasty habit of doing that. THe only weight I was really missing at that point was the eight pounds my son had weighed.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I gained 28 lbs and an extra 10 lbs hung around until I finished breastfeeding.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Not a lot within a weight because there was a LOT of water gain. I gained 45 pounds with my first and had lost 46 pounds by my 6 week check up (and my boobs were about 5 times pre-pregnancy size-I had a lot of milk- so that added a lot of weight right there!!)
    With my 2nd I only gained 17 pounds (he was a premie and I didn't gain so much water weight) and I was back down to my pre pregnancy size within a few weeks.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I will be breastfeeding exclusively, so hopefully that will help as well. My midwife mentioned to me that some women gain a lot in the last 10 wks of pregnancy so I'm hoping to be able to keep it under control till my delivery in June. I'm walking about a mile a day to keep the bulge at bay!
    jaxsonsmomtracy

Answer by jaxsonsmomtracy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010