Everything makes me sick.. I need food ideas before I starve

This is my 6th pregnancy. I have 2 children. Never before have I felt this ill. I haven't thrown up, but my stomach hurts a lot and I feel nauseous. Even looking at food or smelling it makes me feel so sick. I know people say crackers, but I can't even think of eating any bread like foods. I am usually ok until I eat the first meal of the day.. doesn't matter what it is... even water does it.

I also don't want to take any medications, but if anyone has any herbal suggestions for nauseas, I would like to hear them. I've heard ginger works.. does it really?

VelvetCat

Asked by VelvetCat at 6:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• But for some reason I just want to bite into an onion..lol. Gross.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 6:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Ginger DOES work. It does help settle your stomach. Get some ginger tea.

Also, for some reason, a lot of women have agreed that V8 juice settles okay on their stomachs when nothing else will.
    Anonymous

• Milk is a base and will calm any acid that is currently in your tummy. I have 4 kids, am pregnant with my 5th and never really had a problem with being sick until my 4th - when I was sick the entire 9 months. I had to go on medication, because I couldn't keep any food down and was losing weight. Now with my 5th I'm on the same medication and still occasionally can't keep food down, but it's the best the dr's can do.
    Try the milk, ginger does help in some cases, there are those sea bands they sell at the store that help some people, soup was always the easiest thing for me to keep down. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 6:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• sounds like i did when i was pregnant with twins. :)
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I am lactose intolerant..lol!

I usually love V8 but just cant do it.. ug
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 6:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• twins.. please dont say things like that..lol
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 7:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• ginger ale and saltines

good luck :(

i dont want to name any foods just incase they make you nauseated lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I've heard alot of women say vanilla or lavendar calms their stomach when feeling ill. With DD, I always drank Sprite with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if I was at home and feeling ill, if I was out of the house and felt ill, I found the nearest Sonic and got Sprite with vanilla flavoring. Thats not working for me this time, but lemon and other sour things are. As soon as I feel ill, I suck on a lemon, or eat a little Twang, or a pickle, and it calms me immediately. The Twang isn't really good for you if you eat too much, but it works if you're out and there is nothing else. Also sour candies are working for me.

I lived off of V8 and toast during my 1st trimester this time, but now thankfully I'm able to eat somethings. When we go out for dinner I always get water with 2 lemons, and that helps me ALOT!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• omga' i had this same problem..ginger workd like half the time..my doc told me to eat wat ever i could..i mostly ate ice for the first 7 months of my pregnancy and i took my vitmans everyday...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Talk to your doctor. You may have hyperemesis gravidarum. I had that. I couldn't even drink water without throwing up. It started out like you said with just feeling sick but it went very quickly to not being able to have anything at all. I was in the hospital for 5 days because of not being able to eat.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010