the er said im 5 weeks 4 days and there is no heartbeat but ihavent misscarried yet could they be wrong?

amitylover

Asked by amitylover at 7:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 5 weeks 4 days, we did not hear the heart beat OR see it on ultra sound. We didnt see it til around 7 weeks. Dont listen to the ER call your Dr make an appointment and have them look at you. They also may check your HCG levels.
    Dont stress over it. Odds are things are just fine. COngrats.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• No because you're not far along enough for them to actually find a stable heart beat. Three more weeks and it'll be easier.
    Anonymous

• yeah they need an ultra sound that early to see an heartbeat... cant hear it that early on.
    Anonymous

• You can't see or hear a heartbeat that early.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Way too early to see a heartbeat even with an internal ultrasound -the heart doesn't really start to beat in a visible rhythm until the 6 wk mark - I have done IVF and they don't look for a heartbeat til week 7. Even with bleeding etc there is no confirmation that the pregnancy is or isn't viable. Wait another week, see your Dr - one thing they can do is blood tests over a few days to see what the HCG levels are doing- going up is a good sign, going down means your body is no longer building the placenta
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• PS if you have a longer cycle (mine is 5 wks not 4) then you could be only 4wks 4 days so even less able to see anything on the ultrasound
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I had a vaginal u/s at 6 wks with my first son and the heartbeat was not detectable. Rescheduled for 9 wks and all was fine.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• the people in the er sound like idiots. there's no way for them to hear or see baby's heartbeat that early.. it doesn't even start beating until 6 weeks, and then sometmes the dates are wrong and your not really that far along. trust me - call your doctor and make an appointment.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others, I would wait a few more weeks then go in and see if you can see (not hear) the heartbeat, it is way to early.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• WRONG...YOU CAN HEAR A HEARTBEAT!! I was 4 week when I miscarried and we HEARD a heartbeat. However, before 6 weeks if you hear a heartbeat, it means nothing. You can hear a strong heartbeat and miscarry the next day.

You will know if you have a miscarige. You will any of the following bleeding with cramps, cramps, or full-blow contractions.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2010