Which is faster DSL or Cable? (didn't know where to ask this at)

I'm looking into different internet services.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have had both and have not seen any difference what-so-ever. You can have the fastest internet connection out there but if your computer, router, modem and so on aren't advance enough for that speed it will not matter. Kinda like a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link kwim?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• DSL is more secure than cable. As in, people cannot use your connection if you have DSL because that requires a password. With cable, several people use the same line. So it can be faster at times than others, it just depends on how many people are using it at the same time. With DSL you won't have to worry about that because you have your own line...like it works through your phone line. It won't interrupt your phone service though, you will still be able to receive calls even when you're on the internet..you can talk and be on facebook at the same time, lol.
    DSL is better than cable...IMO.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 7:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Umm we get DSL thru our cable provider?

Digital internet service thru either Bright House or Comcast OR we have Fiber Optic service avail in our area thru Verizon.
    Anonymous

• sorry - both have been about the same for internet - but I really believe the picture quality on the tv is better with the FiOS (Fiber Optics)
    Anonymous

• Cable is WAY faster than DSL. My brother has DSL and it seems so SLOW compared to what I have at home.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Cable generally offers faster connection speeds

Basic DSL Internet Speeds: 768 Kbps to 1.5 Mbps
    High-End DSL Internet Speeds: 3 Mbps to 7 Mbps

Basic Cable Internet Speeds: 4 Mbps to 6 Mbps
    High-End Cable Internet Speeds: 12 Mbps to 20 Mbps and higher
    Anonymous