Im Catholic, Im religious and I hate the reminder of easter..

I love the celebrations, the Mass and the Divine Mercy prayer but the reminder is so much it hurts.

You see, my husband left me on Holy Saturday and on Easter Sunday the kids woke up to me telling them their dad left.

How can I change this? The wounds are healed, of course like all deep wounds there is a scar but it doesn't hurt as much. I just can't get the association of easter to the association of my husband cheating and leaving.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Even if it didn't fall on Easter, you would remember such a painful event just as much if it fell on any other day, but the fact that the day is so announced makes a bit hard to forget, Some day you will look at this day in a different light, when you find a man worthy of you, and thank the day the cheater left you.

Answer by older at 7:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry this happened to you. :(
    Anonymous

• It's okay to feel sad, just let yourself be sad. Enjoy the things that are happy, like spending time with your kids on Easter, but allow yourself to be sad too. I'm sorry, just know you aren't alone and in time you'll probably be relieved he's gone and you can more on, your just not there yet.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• OUCH. I think that no matter what day it happened it would still be a painful reminder but it is harder because Easter is typically ccelebrated with family, etc
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Look at it as a day, Easter changes every year. Look to your faith to help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Easter is a time of rebirth. You are better off without your husband, because what he did to you, he will probably do to her as well. Look at it as a time that you are free from him, and your life can begin again.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your family. But as others have said - remember that Easter is a time of rebirth. The pain of Good Friday lead to the joy of Easter. The pain of your husband leaving will hopefully led to a closer family.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I probably should have mentioned this happened 12 years ago. Some Easters are easier than others. This one was hard.
    Anonymous

• healing is a process...for me for some odd reason things happen on the 29th of a month... my best friend ditched me on May 29th of last yr, another friend on the 11th ( there is a significance ) and then my husband decided to announce divorcing me on Jan 29th and Im still living in the home and he just lost his job on the 29th of March... 2+9= 11 which is why 11 was significant.
    So the end of the month every month has been difficult... sometimes I dont realise what day it is but my emotions are out of whack then I think what day is this and its around the 29th. You remember and it hurts and it takes time but even though it was 12 yrs ago for you... it will hurt but not as much as it did back when it was the first few yrs. Just keep forgiving him and continue letting it go.. I have to keep doing that every month... its painful but healing too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2010