Doesn't it just bug the crap out of you

when you finally get a call for a good full time job only you can't take it because you can't quit the part-time job you have now because that would leave everyone hanging, and so you're stuck with a part-time job that doesn't bring it anywhere near what you need, and there's NOTHING you can do about it? Life sucks sometimes :P

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 7:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would give adequate notice to my current job and not feel a bit guilty about leaving.

CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'd quit the PT job and take the FT job. My family and financial security comes before my co workers do. Just give 2 weeks notice.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would buy everyone doughnuts and take the better job. :0) they can't be mad you just bought them doughnuts. Everyone loves doughnuts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Sometimes you just got to do what you gots to do, I would quit the job they can always find someone new, there are tons of people with out work right now.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• sometimes you gotta sacrifice something to make ends meet. in this case i would of left everyone hanging...only if your sure your garenteed the full time job, things work out themselves sometimes
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I would give notice and quit. They would fire you if they found some one better for cheaper. I left my pt job that paid piddly for a semi-f.t. that paid $55 per hour. I was taking a risk, not knowing if the new job would work for me. I had to give it a go. I love it, and it is more f.t. than ever.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• There is never "nothing you can do about it". If you sit back and do nothing and let the better FT job go that is YOU choosing to do that. You're just too afraid to do what you need to do and are likely looking for an excuse to stay where you are comfortable.

Time to crawl out of your comfort zone and be a grown up!
    Anonymous

______________________________________________________________-
    GOOD DEAL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Wow. Um, wow.
    Sometimes, it's not as easy as saying, quit, they can always find someone else to take your place.
    In my situation, there really isn't. I give music classes in after school/in school programs at three
    different elementary schools. If I were to quit, they would literally be left hanging because there
    really is no one else to take my place right now. It's too late in the school year, besides, I kinda
    have a contract that I HAVE to complete the school year. So, there really is nothing I can do
    about this right now. It's just ironic to me that when I COULD have accepted a full-time job, and
    I was sending out insane amounts of applications, that nothing showed up. And now a job comes
    in when I CAN'T take it.
    It's also a good idea that when you give someone advice, to make sure you would do whatever
    it is you are telling others to do.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I guess I don't understand why you interviewed for the job if you knew you couldn't break your current commitment to your PT job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2010