ok its time.... shes becoming a bigger bed hog THEN ME!!

My 7 mo old have co-slept every snice she was born it's hard for me to hear her cry &yes a part of me(a vary strong part) feels selfish wanting the bed back! at night shes always punching me or kicking me with her feeties so i move then she comes backwants to eat for the 12th time in a row i can't sleep she wakes up to eat sooo much that i don't think she does either, yes i know baby's wake up to eat during the night and 1-3 times i can handle but 12!! they say put her down when she gets sleepy then walk away & go back every 5-10 mins to tell her she a big girl & its time to sleep well that doesn't work so well for her (or me) she cried for over a hr!! my poor little tiny baby i have tired this twice already today the first time only took 30 mins for her to at least stop crying she didnt even sleep & i know she was tired i couldn't take any more Continued.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she cried for OVER a hr the 2nd time!! she has bags under her eye's snot dripping from her nose & dried tears on her face she hasn't slept a wink today so now (like always) shes asleep on me ( not that i don't mind! but every day 3-4 times a day for 30-40 mins at a time! it's a little much)
    i love my baby girl & if she wasn't such bed hog i would love for her to stay in our bed !! WHAT WOULD YOU DO
    how long should i let her cry
    Anonymous

• This is something that DOES take time...and leaving her to cry seems to be tearing you up. Even CIO experts say not to leave them for long periods. For ME, 30 seconds is too long....my conscience won't allow it.

There is a great article on drjaygordon.com on how to make the transition. AND check out Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution...you can google her website.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I second the article on drjaygordon.com. We transitioned our youngest at about 6 months, so I know how it goes! What we did was put her crib in our room for a while, with the side down at first. Then, we put the side back on. Then, we moved her to another room. It was gradual, but there was no crying involved, and the nice thing was there was an immediate benefit - more space in the bed!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• "they say put her down when she gets sleepy then walk away & go back every 5-10 mins to tell her she a big girl & its time to sleep" She is NOT a big girl! She is a baby who needs her mommy! There are options other than leaving them alone to cry. You can nurse her to sleep and then put her into bed. You can set limits on the night nursing by holding and patting her back to sleep. I currently sleep with my 9 month old who nurses a lot during the night (way more than 1-3 times!) it helps me to have her crib set up next to my bed as a "side car" so that she can have her own sleep space if I need it.
    Keep in mind that there are options between CIO and bed-sharing with unrestricted nursing! It just take a bit more research and effort.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Check out How we sidecarred our crib

(it is not me, but it is similar to the set up we have and has some good info)

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Nothing selfish about wanting your bed back. But I never let my kids co-sleep with hub and I when they were babies. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• A 7 mo is not a big girl. For all of human history moms have been breastfeeding and sleeping with their babies and toddlers. It is a behavior that is hardwired in human children't brains. Still in most places in the world moms sleep with their babies and toddlers.

I never let my children cio. I take care of my toddler grandson and I never let him cio. I hold him while he takes his naps. His mother works. I play music for him to fall asleep on my lap.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010