Weight loss during pregnancy

Have any of you ladies experienced weight loss during pregnancy? How much? Is it normal?

I've been having complications (i'm only 7 weeks) and i've lost 7 pounds this past week. I'm not trying to lose weight and i'm starting to worry somethings wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That seems like a lot of wt loss in a short time, but it is "expected" to lose some if you are having that nausea/vomiting of early pregnancy. What does the doc say? TRY not to worry....but if you can't hold any food down, call the doc/ go to the e.r. Once you get over the rough spot you'll start gaining normally.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It is normal yes but that does seem like alot for one week, I would let your Dr know
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yes, I didn't gain any weight until I was 20 weeks. I lost weight for the first 15 weeks (until I went on meds for the nausea and vomiting), but not 7 lbs in one week. Definitely talk to your OB.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i am 25 weeks and still down by 13 lbs so far. it depends on your starting weight too, and if your doctor thinks its healthy or not. i would put a call in to them.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• 7lbs in 1 week is alot to lose at once. I lose 25 my 1st trimester due to eating better and nausea. But I would definitely watch and make sure you are ok. Just listen to your body. If you feel healthy, energized, and normal (for pregnancy) then you should be ok. You should be under a drs care anyways for the baby.
    take your vitamins and eat healthy and plenty. Try not to obsess over your weight on the scale and just how healthy you are/feel.
    If you are vomiting which is causing the weight loss, your dr can prescribe meds that work magic. They totally get rid of the nausea.
    Good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2010