calling the dog experts: can you breed the mother and son?

you know, when the son gets old enough though...will it turn out stupid or anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it may sound wrong on many levels but it actually happens ALL the time, People even breed sisters and brothers. Had friends that were dog breaders and that always did that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• When u inbreed, I heard, they come out agressive. Its a fact that if they have a genetic disorder that's a recessive gene there's mr of a possibility of the offspring having that disorder (50-75% chance)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I am going to guess that you are planning a backyard breeding? Not recommended. There is no reason to breed unless you have registered pure bred dogs and plan to show.
    Anonymous

• why do you want to breed them?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Wow...that is just wrong on so many levels...
    Anonymous

• because i didnt buy a pure bred male i was using a friends pure bred male, since she already had a batch of pure breds, we thought we could use one of her males- OP
    Anonymous

• "Wow...that is just wrong on so many levels..."

there's a reason why im asking but thanks
    Anonymous

Exactly!

oh and I love how you refer to puppies as "a batch" as if they are cookies and are disposable, they are living things for gods sake
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 8:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I totally believe in breeding for quality and not quantity. If both the dog and the bitch are in good health, registered and have had hip and knee testing plus are free from other hereditary problems such as mange or entropion then it should be fine. Genetics in animals are not as complicated as in humans. There would be very little problems form that. DO NOT BREED FOR MONEY. If a dog is well cared for tested and bred and has good prenatal care then there is no money to be made anyway. Breeding should be left to the professionals.
    Anonymous

• I meant why breed the dogs. What is the goal? I mean is it for the kids? Is it because you want to make money? Is it because you have a good dog and feel it is worth breeding...?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2010