To all Seventh Day Adventists......................

Do you abstain from cafemom on the Sabbath? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes we should because on top of abstaining from unkosher meats and foods and makeup and jewelery and alcohol and patterned clothes we are NOT to do our joy on the sabbath but the Lords...
    Anonymous

• I avoid certain topics and areas according to my convictions. I'm usually not here much on Sabbath anyway.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I'm no EGW worshipper so I don't understand why we should abstain from make-up. The Bible doesn't say we should. Neither does it say we are not to wear patterned clothing.

We are to call the Sabbath a delight, it's a blessing not a burden! It's not meant to be solemn or gloomy. I find joy in going to church, visiting the sick, and having dinner with friends and family--are these things wrong,too? Sorry, I'm no legalist. :-) If the Holy Spirit convicts me that I should not do something on that day, I'll stop doing it. The Bible is my guide, not EGW's writings
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2010