How to change your routine?

I start my job in the afternoon, so I sleep late. I have no reason to wake up early. Sometimes I set my clock to get up early then just hit snooze. I stay up late too. I know I need to go to bed earlier. I get more done if I get up earlier--yet I can not figure out a good way to change. Any thought on how to change my routine? Have you ever changed yours? What did you do?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• to reset your internal clock, wake up 30 minutes earlier than you normall do. so if you wake up at 1130a, then wake up at 11. and make sure that you get up. do that for a week, adding 1/2 hr each week until you are up at your desired time.and make sure you are getting enough sleep. if you arent going to bed early enough, thats why you are sleeping in. you need at least 8 hours a night, although many function with 6. to catch up on sleep it takes 10 hours of sleep each night for 6 weeks.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I use to get up at 6 am to be at work at 9 am. but now I get up at 4 am to be at work at 530 am. I have to go to bed at 8 pm to get 8 hours of sleep. It took a couple of week to get use to the change. You just have to make yourself keep a scedule of when to wake up and go to sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I think where you must put in the most effort, is in the evening routine. Make it soothing or cozy and relazxing to got to bed, so you will want to, even if your not really tired.
    Once you have found the golden idea, and have gotten into a habit of getting to sleep earlier, it will be easier to get up earlier, too.

Maybe whenever you have a doc. appointment or hair or nail appointment or any other ones - ALWAYS schedule them in the early morning so you have to get up...

I love sleeping in also, so I know how you feel...and all I can say is : GOOD LUCK, GIRL :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2010