Anyone's DH go through AF Basic Training?

Just wondering. My DH just left this week for 8 1/2 weeks of Basic and another 8-10 weeks of tech school for the Air Force. We did not have much time to prepare for his leave so I feel very lost at the moment. I would love any support I can get. We have 2 girls ages 2 & 1.

Thanks!

sjc34

Asked by sjc34 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband left for Navy basic last June. He made it home in time for the holidays. We had two weeks between sign up and his departure. It was stressful, but we made it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my hub joined the army last march, left in april. we made it just fine, although there was a couple hard times for me. everything will be fine. join a support group on here, there are plenty of them.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• My DH went for AF Basic in 08 back before it bumped up to the 8 1/2 weeks. It sucked, the random calls he could make and everything else. But it went pretty quickly. The hardest part was my son. He missed his daddy so much. We would mess with photos of daddy, he'd talk on the calls I could actually answer, and although he was so little he loved the letters daddy would send. Just got to be sure to keep daddy on the mind if they are young. GL
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010