My child gets on my nerves when he's home but when he spends the night over his dads or a friends house, I miss him to pieces!

He's 10. He's a boy. He's rotten to the core but sweet as pumpkin pie when he wants to be. He drives me nuts. Some days, I think he may make me go insane.He follows me around.He bangs on the bathroom door when I'm in there just to ask me a million questions that could have waited till I got out.He turns the light off on me when I'm in the basement doing laundry.He sneaks spiders in hidden places to give me a heart attack.He argues with me constantly about why he should have to clean his room or make his bed. I find his dirty socks and tshirts stuffed in the couch and under chairs.
Then he draws me adorable pictures with hearts that say "Mommy and Joshua 4 ever" and will slide it under my bedroom door.He likes to put a candle in a cupcake and sing me happy birthday, when its not even my bday.
He's my rotten kid.He's my sweet boy.And I love him.I'm missing him tonight.Do you ever feel this way?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh yes! I feel the same way with my ten year old!! I love my "little stinker!" Drives me up the wall when she's here and I miss her SO much when she is gone!! It must be a tween thing!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• oh no mine's three, i was hoping he would get out of that stage around five!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yes it must be a tween thing,lol. I guess these are the years for making some memories that we will laugh and talk about for a lifetime! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yes I do that very same thing. And I try to remember

He follows me around.Soon he will not want to follow me anywhere!!!He bangs on the bathroom door when I'm in there just to ask me a million questions that could have waited till I got out. It wont be long before I wish my son would ask me a million questions just so I can hear his small voice that belives every word I say. He turns the light off on me when I'm in the basement doing laundry.He sneaks spiders in hidden places to give me a heart attack.Before I know it my laundry will be the same old laudry I have always done, no spiders around...lol.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• He argues with me constantly about why he should have to clean his room or make his bed. I find his dirty socks and tshirts stuffed in the couch and under chairs. I will cry when there are no more little dirty boy underwear to pick up and no more unmade beds where a ruffle headed boy has been resting.

My son is 6 and I try hard to remember each day that one day all too soon, there will be no more messy little loud funny crazy little boy following me around....and I will be sad...looking back on the days when I was scared by a spider! ;) lol lol lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I feel the same with my 9 yr old DD and even my 14 yr old DS!!!!And then I feel bad when they are gone cause they made me so mad I needed a break!! Oh the joys of motherhood!!
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I feel the exact same way with my 10 yr old DD. She's so up my *** when she's home but when she's gone I miss her tons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2010