im 38 weeks how can i go into labor the doc says walk

ill be 39 saturday by the time i get out the door im too tired and having period like cramps what to do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Walk and wait, Nothing will work unless your body is actually ready for it. Walking and sex are the safest routes to go. Even medical induction would not work unless your body and baby are ready. You don't have much longer.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Wait for your body to do it naturally. There is a reason its 40 weeks, not 38 or 39. I know, its just a few days, and i know how uncomfortable it is... but your body knows for sure when that baby is done cooking.

Walking and sex can help if you are already in the early stages, but if you arent, it wont do a thing.

Find something to keep you busy, wait it out, adn good luck!

VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 9:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Walk Walk Walk your booty off,lol. Have some sex if your allowed. Drink castor oil (but google that one up first and read about the hazards of it before you try that one),eat some spicy food,do some squats,serve the baby an eviction notice.."TIME TO GET OUT!" lol
    Good Luck! Hang in there...not much longer!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Why suggest someone to drink castor oil? Why have them put themselves thru that if their body isnt even ready? Gah I wish people were intelligent

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• DO NOT drink castor oil!!!!!

It extremely dangerous.

Anonymous

• it's just a part of pregnancy unfortunately. you could have a few weeks left. my son was born at 41 weeks. i'll be happy if this baby is born around his due date ;) we'll see.... good luck!
    Anonymous

• Place EPO capsules on your cervix, have sex, walk, have sex some more, do squats, place more EPO on your cervix and repeat.

My doctor told me to do this with the last one. It worked.
    Anonymous

• Ummm...I am intelligent. Did you not see that I put google up the hazards before you do that one.
    GAH! I wish people werent so rude.
    OP-sorry for interrupting your question with my comment here. I just couldn't let someone call me unitelligent and then not say something. I actually came back to see what other advice you may have gotten. I wasn't expecting to see that someone would say something like that about me.
    You can google up ways to induce labor.There are a bunch of ways on there plus there are the upsides and the downsides to them so you can do a little research. I know how frustrating the end of a pregnancy can be when you feel like your just done.
    Good Luck. Hope it happens soon! Wish I was that far along already,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yes it is unintelligent. It is stupid to suggest castor oil.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• hun your period cramps are contractions..... walking will make them more regular and in a pattern. that's what labor is.... it just feels like really bad cramps. so if walking is working right away just stick with it if you want to go into labor.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010