will they do anything for a sinus infection?

I know how drs are very cautious to give little ones medication, but dd has a sinus infection (I know, I have one too and get them chronically so trust me on this part :) and the congestion moved down into her chest a little bit which is no good IMO. I would normally just call without hesitation but she actually had to go in last week due to a yeast infection and has her 2 year appt. next week so it just feels like a lot all at once. Is there anything they even have for them at this age? I'm pretty assertive so I can get it if its out there but I don't want to impose my experiences w/ sinus infections on her. For me, they don't go away for months w/o medication and they come back frequently. I don't want her to go through that but if I knew that a few more days and she could get past it, I'd do that. The non-medical treatments haven't helped, though and I don't like that its in her chest...

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 9:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, my daughter had one over the winter, she was about 11 months. At first I thought it was just a cold and that it would just go away but after a couple weeks, it only got worse,not better.They put her on an antibiotic. It still took about 2 weeks to clear up from the time she started taking it but you could see the difference in her right away. She was very uncomfortable, poor baby. If you google up sinus infections you can find more info on them, untreated they can turn into some serious stuff.
    Hope baby feels better soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• yah I know they can get bad, I have tissue scarring and pretty much constant swelling of the nasal tissues which makes breathing so hard. thanks, I think I just needed a push- I'll give them a call tomorrow. I want her to have a healthy birthday friday!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010