does anyone have an adult (18) on an anti depressant medication?

There seems to be a lot of problems to watch for. My daughter has said she is not happy most of the time. no thoughts of killing herself but not happy,forgetfull, tired all the time.any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• how long has she been on it? could be time to try a different med. the complaints of fatigue and being forgetful are normal. Not sure about the not happy but keep an eye on it. Call the doctor and run it by him.
    Anonymous

• There are two types of depression. 1) circumstantial 2) physiological. If her's is circumstantial then she can make changes in her life to find her joy. If it is the second type of depression the meds should help but sometimes they make things worse in my opinion. I just stopped taking mine bc the side effects were just too much for me. I'd rather deal with the depression!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have a 20y/o on anti-depressants. She and her dr. discussed it and he keeps a close check on it, they get imput from me but it has helped her alot.
    Anonymous