What should I say to mil????

I am hosting a confirmation party for my child. We sent out invites and my hubby wanted to know whether to invite his estranged uncle who does not talk to my husband's parents but we meet and greet at parties and his kids come over my mil's house. He declinded to come to my son's party but he wants to come over my house to give my son an envelope. My hubby said we never invited them! My mom said no. I am so sick of the bs drama. What should I say to her when they come over my house? My inlaws live next door....Yikes.Any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree, just say thank you and accept the envelope. It's not like they will be moving in.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• At least he is making an effort to be part of his life. My daughter is 13 months old and we are still waiting on a congrats from my husbands father, my daughters grandpa, for having her.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• um, thank you for the envelope? not quite understanding the problem- so the uncle wants to come over to give your son something though he wasn't invited?

I sent a wedding gift to my SIL's younger sister for her wedding because I knew about the wedding, though I wasn't invited.
    Anonymous

• drama for sure. prehaps they will show up when yr mil is out. in fact makeb u could pick a time when u think she would b shopping. if not i wouldnt bring it up. wait for her to mention it and then u could just tell the truth. he came to drop off a gift and leave it at that. u could also suggest that he mail the envelope if u r that concerned for the drama. good luck!!
    Anonymous

• My mil lives next door and when her father passed they never came to the wake or funeral. So she just got over a major eye operation, doing better but relapses . I hope she does not flip out. I am worried more about her and never about me.
    Anonymous