What's your typical...

day like SAHM's ? Just curious if we all have similar things in common.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wake up, breakfast and dishes, facebook/cafemom, garden, gym or play date, lunch, nap/relax, activity of some kind or educational tv & I clean, cook for dinner, dinner, tv with hubby, baby bed routine, movie with hubby, read/online/bedtime.....

Thats pretty much my day minus various details!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Wake up early, make breakfast, clean the kitchen, change tha babys clothes, relax with DH before he goes to work at 3 pm, Make lunch, then pack a dinner for DH, play with the baby go on a walk, make dinner for us, give her a bath, dress her for bed and get her to sleep hopefully by 9, clean up the apartment, vacuum, put toys away, clean the kitchen again. That is a slow day, Other days there would be laundry,shopping, running around, bill paying, Dr appointments,park and church. Only time I really am down is when DH is home or when I am done cleaning after the baby is asleep. If I try to do anything while he is here he jumps and tries to do it but then I have to go behind him and do it again anyways.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I wake up at 730 and send my oldest to school. Read the paper, play outside with youngest child, sometimes hubby and I go on a bike ride. Clean the house and do laundry, oldest gets home from school, we will go to the park until 7 or 8pm. Come home put the kids in the tub and then to bed. Then I will sit online playing games and cafemom until about 1 or 2am then go to bed and wake up and do it all over again
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 9:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i get up around 6:30 and change my 2 youngest diapers and then make breakfast for the 3 of them. then usually they are allowed to look at a couple of programs on playhouse disney and we get dressed. we usually go outside and do something around 10.... lunch is at 11 and then the two younger ones take naps at 12 and the older one stays up and is allowed to have computer time if he wants to (or sometimes we do crafts together). they have a snack after naptime and then we usually do something entertaining until like 4 when i have to start dinner. then we eat at 5, bath at 6 or 6:30 and bedtime at 7 for my 2yo and 7:30 for my 4yo and the baby goes to bed usually 7:30 or 7:45. then i come down and clean up downstairs and wash my dishes from dinner and fold up any laundry i might have. or if i'm working on a project (like painting or something like that) i do it usually at night when the kids are asleep. then i go to bed lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• School days- Up at 6:30am, wake our boys, make food, get them off to the bus by 7:20. Watch them wait for the bus, after they're gone, I lay back down until 9-10 am... Get up have coffee, eat cereal, clean up, laundry, mow the lawn, take dogs out for a walk, watch my show at 11am. Eat lunch with my show,lol, maybe some cafemom on the side... Then our boys are home at 3:40, go through backpacks, homework, help them with homework. Go out and shoot hoops for a little bit after homework, then make supper around 6pm. Then dishes, maybe a little TV, if there's time. Then shower time at 7:30, then they are in bed by 8pm, and I punch my time clock, my days done... Start all over again the next day. This doesn't include if I have to run errands, Dr appts, pick up things for Hubby, etc...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Get up @ 6, get boys up, fed breakfast, make their lunch + snack, see them of on the bus.
    Make coffee, wake up hubby, get myself breakfast 'n coffee while watching the Today show and making lists for the days activities.
    Checking e-mail etc., vacuum, picking up the house, laundry + that days cleaning project.
    Lunch infront of TV and then a nap or at least relaxing w/ some light mending, paper-organizing or something else I can do sitting in the sofa :-)
    Then I get a snack ready for boys when they get off the bus, do homework w/ them, cook dinner, eat, clean up dishes etc., get boys in bed. Computertime while hubby plays X-box 360, find boys clothes for next day, start packing their lunches etc. and then tv w/hubby till bedtime.
    On occation I will also fit in a dr. or hair appt. - paint or draw a bit - walk the dogs - volunteer in both boys classes each week - go to precept bible study weekly - and funtime w/ hubby :-D
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• everyones life is so organized and sounds fantastic...my life is never organized and i do not like it that way
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 10:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Wake up, wake the kids up.
    Kids get their own breakfast. I get coffee. Play FarmVille while they eat, I drink coffee.
    Get dressed. Kids get themselves dressed.
    Take kids to school.
    Sometimes clean, sometimes run errands, sometimes sit for 2 1/2 hours.
    Get son.
    Play on computer some more, while he plays on his.
    Get daughter. Homework. Snacks...
    Do whatever until dinner. Then, dinner.
    Showers, bedtime. Go go sleep. Get up, do it again.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yesterday I cleaned the house all day and it looked worse at 5pm than it did at 9am. So, I can't figure out what I did.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• wake up at 730, wake up daughter, make her breakfast, leave (we walk) for school at 810, i get home at 845. i eat waffles, sometimes go back to bed until 11ish, some days i dont, some days i go and do the grocery shopping or whatever needs to be done..eat lunch, pick her up from school at 230, let her play a while on the playground, home at 3..she has a snack, i go thru her backpack, then depending on the weather, we go in the backyard and play soccer, or bball, or go to the park, or bike ride..make dinner,,eat dinner..bath or shower by 630, read her book of the day at 7..she watched tv for 30-45 minutes, and shes in bed by 750,,i watch tv/computer...hmmm i forgot to mention cleaning..lol...that gets done at night once shes in bed..or in the mornings after my breakfast...ohhhh and the dogs usually get walked when we are outside in the afternoon...or after supper...and then im in bed around 130-2ish..which is now..lol..g'night!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2010