any legal advice child custody...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Theres a ton of it. What in specific are you looking for the answers to?
    Anonymous

• About what? Please be more specific...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• The best advice I can give you and I learned this the hard way...Get a layer. We went through a couple little victory's and a huge defeat loosing custody...but when I got a lawyer and took it back to court We won back full sole custody. Such a blessing, but you need to go into this with all the help you can get. Also, just remember to document everything: phone conversations, any incidents or anything that would not be in the best interest of your child. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Better yet, get a lawyer!
    Anonymous

• My stepdaughter's mother will not let us see her. They have custody papers signed by a judge and she is not following them because she wants money. She will not open a case with child support because she is afraid she won't get the amount she wants so she is playing "give me what I want and you can see her" its ridiculous! I have no problem paying child support, but it should be set by someone other than the mother! All we can do is take her to court for contempt! But this is a long process and we will not be able to see her for a long time!
    mstabatham

Answer by mstabatham at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• btw that was MY question,,,
    mstabatham

Answer by mstabatham at 9:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If he's not keeping his end of the deal she doesn't have to keep hers. Even the courts will tell him that he has to pay and if doesn't he'll loose visitation. So give her the money and keep the peace, he owes it to her anyway.
    Anonymous

• Bullshit....If you have a court order for parenting time/ visitation then it is her responsibility to comply with the court order whether or not you two are paying child support, If she does not comply with the court order than file a motion of contempt...she can also file contempt on you two if you have a court order for child support....if you do not then at that time the judge or magistrate will advise her to file a motion for child support and during that court proceeding you two will be given an amount to pay according to your income. If you two can not come to some agreement then you will eventually end up in court...someone will take someone and then it's all court ordered from there. Once you file a motion to modify parenting time, it does take anywhere from a month or a little longer, but your already not seeing her...so the sooner you get the ball rolling the sooner she will have to comply or go to jail.
    Anonymous

• Bullshit to anon:8:04pm
    Anonymous

• I would just go file a motion and take her to court for contempt and it may take a month, but it would be worth it to see her again right? I would also go through the courts on the amount of child support payments you should make to her, because it may be lower then what she is asking. I would not play games when it comes to the best interest of the child. Also, try to get a lawyer if at all possible they make it so much easier.
    Anonymous