Just wanted to share this with the new mommys on here or soon to be moms....

I found this on yahoo where they post current events and thought I would share, I was in shock at some of the things that breast milk prevents.

"The health care system has got to be aware that breast-feeding makes a profound difference," said Dr. Ruth Lawrence, who heads the American Academy of Pediatrics' breast-feeding section.

The findings suggest that there are hundreds of deaths and many more costly illnesses each year from health problems that breast-feeding may help prevent. These include stomach viruses, ear infections, asthma, juvenile diabetes, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and even childhood leukemia.

Keep up the good work to all of you breast feeding mommas!!!!

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Asthma on mine and daddies side is a huge reason why I breastfeed=]
    I had a stomach virus 2 weeks ago & my DD didn't get it.
    I <3 breastfeeding!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• idk.... i think the key word is may lol. bc we all had a tummy virus and it was wicked and my baby had it real bad and she was ebf.... also my first son had alot of ear infections when he was really small and i ebf him for 3 months (and that was the time he was having all the ear infections lol). i also breast fed my second son for a whole year and he has asthma so i don't agree 100% with all their claims but i do choose to bf bc i like to
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• The key word is "may". If your child is meant to get sick they will. Just like people saying breastfeeding makes your child super smart. Well that is not true. It may had just made them smarter than what they would had been. It is not a quick pass to genuis.
    I breastfeed for as long as I can. Sadly is not to long. With in 3 months with both my kids something happend and I dried completely up. I will try again with this one too.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Sorry this was not to start a debate but simply let mothers know who are breastfeeding what a great job there doing for providing there children with the best nourishment possible and helping keep there kids healthy. One thing that I did not add that was on the same article was that this more applies to women who breast fed for atleast 6 months. With my own experiance this adds up because my son has been extremly healthy even after I stopped breastfeeding and I plan to nurse all of my children as long as they want for all the good reasons.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2010